My heart is broken.
Saturday, two of my very best friends and bridesmaids took me shopping for a wedding dress. We went to a specific boutique because it had THE bridesmaid's dress that I've been in love with since December 26. It's Jim Hjelm, plum satin-faced black taffeta, v-neck, just perfect. Absolutely perfect. Until we tried it on, that is. It was awful! It literally stood straight out from Ann's body, it was so stiff. So scratch that. The quest for a bridesmaid's dress is still on.
After much failure downstairs, we headed up to where the white dresses are. And some ivory, and some cream, and a few really odd pink ones . . . Anyway, a very nice lady ushered us into a dimly lit room with a spotlight on a dais for me to stand and twirl and have them ooh and ahh over how pretty the dresses are. We happened to be there on the day of a trunk show by the designer Robert Bullock of Birnbaum & Bullock (which I'd never heard of until that moment). So we were introduced to this diminutive man who makes the most beautiful creations a bride could ever dream of. The second dress I tried on almost made me cry. It is absolutely stunning. Robert pinned it on me, and I couldn't even talk. Why is my heart broken, you wonder? Because this fantasy of a dress is the only one in existence, it lives in New York, and it costs over $5000. He hasn't even photographed it for his website yet, so I can't even visit it. [Long wistful sigh]
So I've lost faith in the idea of finding that one perfect dress. Because I found it, and it's way out of my price range. I will say that in light of the fact that I have my one perfect man, I can settle a little on a dress. Positive thinking can help heal any broken heart. :)
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL, yes, must beware of the designer bridal gowns! I am glad I found mine at the first place we went and didn't have to put myself through too much misery... going with Jana this last year made me realize how many GORGEOUS gowns there are, and at such GARGANTUAN prices! I have this lovely talent of always liking the most expensive ones, too!
Post a Comment