Sunday, June 29, 2008

Meet the Friends Week

This was a big week in my journey to the "B" word (boyfriend). We had lots of group activities that involved him meeting my friends (including Jill, Pat, & Jacob, who are pretty much family), showing him my office, introducing him to Bob (yes, Bob #5, Mmmmmmmmm), a speakerphone conversation with Ann at about 1am Saturday morning, and him asking me to go to Maine for his cousin's wedding at the end of July. Yeah, I know. Maine. Yikes. I am really excited, but also pretty much scared out of my mind. I can't even count the number of times Ann has said or texted or typed in a chat, "Don't freak out!" For the record, I think I am no longer a flight risk. All of my friends really liked him, and he is by far the sweetest guy I have ever dated. Eugene is not absolutely crazy about him, but I think he just doesn't want to share his mommy. We're making progress, though. Eugene no longer tries to eat his face and only barks maniacally for about 15 minutes when he gets here. Baby steps, baby steps . . .

4 comments:

Regi S. said...

Maine is STUNNING ! And what a wonderful way to see it,with a great guy and wedding. Why aren't you on vacation this week?! Bring him !:X

Juli said...

He's not really a BOYFRIEND until he survives the meeting of YOUR family!

Regi S. said...

Guys drag the good ones home to mom right away, girls hide them as long as possibly,like until L&D !

Travis said...

Hmm....Maine is a long way from here. Weddings are fun. I say go. Have a good time. Is that his real name?