I don't know how to type out a long dreamy sigh, so I'll just call it that. I think I have walked into work every single day this week and answered Jill, who asks "What are you smiling about?", with a "He's so wonderful . . ." accompanied by a long dreamy sigh. Don't worry. I haven't chipped away all of this tough shell I've spent the last 18 months putting on. I can clearly remember saying those exact words in November of 2002 about a different boy, who, 4 years later, ripped my heart from my chest and ran over it with an F-150 on Christmas Day. I could go on about all the ways this one is different, but that's just stupid, and I know it. But I'm not too jaded to really, really enjoy it for now.
So my boyfriend Jeff (Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, yes, I said the word boyfriend! Based on the Seinfeld girlfriend determination, there's no denying it. We're on an almost daily phone call frequency and the implied date several times a week. Yep. I got myself a boyfriend.) . . . Sorry, I digress. So my boyfriend Jeff (eeeeee!) is hilarious. I have had a relatively rough week at work with several very stressful situations, about which he has patiently listened to me complain and adamantly reassured me that I'm the best dentist he knows, despite the fact that he's never even seen me with a pair of gloves on, much less have the slightest idea about the quality of care I am capable of providing. But he insists. Anyway, back to the hilarity. I was all worried about a case I had yesterday afternoon that was not going as planned due to some mishaps at the lab. SO frustrating! And this is the email that I got:
"Don’t worry about this afternoon, sweetheart. I’m sure it will go great. You’re the queen of crowns, you’re the leader of Lumineers, you’re the finest for fillings, you’re the princess of prosthodontics, you’re the expert of exodontia… And I think you’re just the person to make these new teeth!"
My reactions to this email:
1. Laughing so hard I spit out most of my Starbucks Caffe Mocha Truffle
2. Reading it aloud to Jill, who almost spit out whatever she was munching on
3. Awwwwwww, this is the sweetest thing ever.
4. I really appreciate his use of alliteration for effect.
5. I'm super-impressed that he knows the word "exodontia"
And after a fun evening of pizza, beer and "Little Miss Sunshine" and already two very sweet emails this morning, all I have to say is {Long Dreamy Sigh}.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lara has a boyfriend, Lara has a boyfriend.
Lara and Jeff
sitting in a tree
K I S S I N G.........
Well then again you guys own couches.
:D
I TOLD you he was your boyfriend. When ARE you going to realize that I know all? ::::::long-suffering sigh::::::
Lara, I am so happy for you!
His large vocabulary... what a perfect characteristic to have as your boyfriend. :)
Your blog is hilarious! I love it and I love the fact that you are in serious "like."
Post a Comment