Juli (my sister, and the wit behind http://www.threeminutesandarainbow.blogspot.com/) has posted her Guilty Pleasures and challenged everyone else to do the same. So here you go, Juli!
~ Soap Operas - I am quite ashamed to admit that I keep up with three, yes three, soap operas. On a day off, I can happily occupy myself from 11:30am - 2:00pm with a ball of yarn, a crochet hook, and the remote control (because I have to switch from CBS to NBC). If it's a really good day off, I'll still be in my PJ's and eating a bowl of popcorn. They are (in the order that they come on) The Young & The Restless, The Bold & The Beautiful, and Days of Our Lives. There's just something about ridiculously hot, horrible actors and actresses with an unbelievable plot line that reels me in every time.
~ Justin Timberlake - This one wouldn't be "guilty" if I wasn't such a music snob. I tend to look down my long nose upon such mainstream artists with disdain, preferring to listen to some obscure band with a funny name that no one has ever heard of, but JT has me hook, line and sinker. It's not even that I find him particularly attractive; I just like the way he moves.
~ Trashy romance novels - Until three and a half years ago when I had an epiphany about just how pornographic these books are, I was totally addicted. I could knock out 3 or 4 in a week, staying up until 3 or 4am reading my little heart out. I'm proud to say that I haven't touched one since. Not that I haven't read anything questionable in that time. Some books may not present themselves as trashy, but there's definitely some smut in there. I just don't pick up anything with Fabio and Booby McCleavage on the cover anymore.
~ Designer jeans - I am NOT a clothes snob. I have shirts from Walmart, pants from Target, swimsuits from Old Navy, and dresses from TJ Maxx. But when it comes to jeans, I want the best. I am embarrassed to say how much money I have invested in the 26 pairs of jeans in my closet. And that's not counting the pairs I've handed up and down to my sisters. I know I've given Keri, Ann (my sistah from anothuh mothuh) and Sara each a pair, and Juli at least two. I know, I know . . . I have a problem. The source of this problem: my brother-in-law Joe Kelly. He and Keri started dating when I was 10 years old, so he is the closest thing I have to a real brother. And boy, did he act like a real brother! His favorite way of teasing me was to make fun of my jeans. For some reason (maybe because it bothered me so badly), he would always say, "I like them Rustlers!" (a brand of jeans sold exclusively at Walmart), and it just drove me CRAZY! I would get so mad and yell, "SHUT UP, JOE! THESE ARE FROM THE GAP!" So I have subconsciously lashed out at my teasing brother-in-law by spending ridiculous amounts of money on designer jeans. Now he teases me about how expensive they are. I can't win.
~ Pickled okra - I can eat an entire jar in one sitting.
~ Encyclopedias and dictionaries - I love to read them. And no wikipedia for this girl. I like the real hardback printed version that I can flip through and randomly stumble across something that I need to know about.
~ Tupac - Yes, the rapper Tupac. You can blame John Paul for that one.
I think that's enough for now.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You forgot Passions :X And Joe only teases you b/c now you have Keri buying $200 jeans, too, LMAO!!!!! Get her started on purses and other stuff now! That'll learn HIM!
OMG Donna has an illegitimate black son from her pre boob job years !
Post a Comment