Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm in love . . .

With a shoe! Yesterday evening, I was running way early for a double date(!) which just so happened to be right across the street from Luke's Locker, a specialty running store. I've had several people tell me that I needed to have a "run analysis" to find the proper running shoe. Well, I've been running since August, and in my usual stubborn manner, I ignored all this sage advice. I thought, "Oh, come on! A shoe's a shoe." Well, my friends, a shoe is NOT always just a shoe. Sometimes it can be a dream (imagine a long wistful sigh here).

I walked into Luke's Locker, expecting to just peruse the shelves to kill a little time, when an adorable Aggie named Logan asked if I needed help finding a shoe. I thought, "What the heck? Why not have this 'run analysis' everyone's told me so much about?" So Logan had me slip off my beautiful bronze Bernardos and try on several different running shoes that he deemed worthy of my high arch and supinating gait. I felt quite silly running around inside a store, but it was worth it in the end. When he slipped those Mizuno Wave Riders on my feet, I knew. It is a match made in heaven.

So for our inaugural run, we went to the gym and spent 3.5 miles together on the treadmill. I think I actually heard my feet say "Thank you!" I'm in love with my new shoes, my feet are in love with me, everybody wins.

2 comments:

Juli said...

I hope you'll be very happy! Are you registered?

Date details, please.

Regi S. said...

"supinating gait"

Someone better be getting married if they're looking at that.